Smt. Hansa Mehta Library
Last Updated On Dec 20 2014 11:54AM
[ Printable Version ]



Shrimati Hansa Mehta Library, the University Library of M. S. University of Baroda was established on May 1, 1950. At the time of establishment of The M. S. University of Baroda, a collection of 25,000 books belonging to the two State Libraries (Huzur Political Office and Secretariat Library) was handed over to the University Library. There were several colleges in Baroda - Baroda College (for Arts), Science Institute, Commerce College, and Secondary Teacher’s Training College etc. These colleges had libraries of their own. These libraries continued to remain as Faculty Libraries and were administered independently. Thus the University Library System was established on 1-5-1950, which was housed in the central block of Old Residency Office Building.